Sunday, March 4, 2012

What's this here on the internet gathering dust? Why, it's my blog! So much for keeping up with it!

Anyway, things are going well. It took about three weeks to finally feel like Olivia and I were going to survive this whole newborn thing, and now she's seven weeks old and doing great. Next week we have her two month check up at the pediatrician.

I keep trying to check her weight using our bathroom scale, but that doesn't go very well. I weigh myself, then weigh myself holding her... but it's too inaccurate. So I'm hopeful that we get a good number on the scale at the doctor's office, as I'm not sure how much she weighs! Around ten pounds is the best I can figure.

Both Owen and Sophie had a plateau in their weight gain after a few months, and I sort of expect Olivia to have one as well, where she gains, just not at the rate the pediatrician would like. Still, I hope she doesn't! It doesn't make Momma feel good to think that Baby isn't getting enough to eat.

We battled thrush between my last post and this one, but I think we finally have it beaten back. She's got a purple mouth in the picture here because of the gentian violet we used to treat it. Yummy! She looked like she was on a diet of grape popsicles.

I have an exciting blog post in the works about finding the correct bra size and what it will do for your figure and self esteem, but it will have to wait as Miss Olivia is ready for another meal. I'm a milk maid, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment